CEOTaku 2019 Cosplay Contest
ARE YOU READY TO SHOW US YOUR MOVES?
- Individual cosplay entries only are permitted. No group or couple entries will be allowed. Exceptions will be made for children under the age of 10 accompanied by an adult in costume.
- Due to the focus of CEOtaku being on the promotion and love of fighting games, costumes must be from a Fighting Game series. Characters featured in anime, movies, television shows, pop acts, cartoons, etc are encourage to enter for fun, but may not win an award. The focus of CEOtaku is fighting games, so bring out your best fighting game cosplays! If you’re unsure if your costume qualifies, e-mail us at email@example.com and ask! Discretion on what qualifies lies with the CEOtaku judges.
- Costume must be at LEAST 25% made by the wearer to qualify for entry. Tell us how you crafted your outfit! Premade suits and commissioned costumes may enter for fun, but will not qualify for prizes. Discretion on what qualifies lies with the CEOtaku judges.
- Please bring a printed reference image in color of the character you are cosplaying. This will greatly help in the judging process.
- Cosplay contestants may enter online or in person at CEOtaku on September 28th, beginning at 11 AM and ending at 6 PM. Contestants will be pre-judged at an appointed time on September 28th. Top 10 finalists will be allowed an optional 30 second presentation during the cosplay contest later in the day. Presentations must not contain any profanity or sexually explicit acts. All skits must remain PG-13. The Director reserves the right to remove contestants who violate these limits. The top three winners will be announced in the award ceremony on stream!
- All contestants under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult at all times; if not, they will be disqualified from the contest.
No flash pots or explosive devices. No petals, confetti, silly string, or any devices that will require clean up afterwards.
- If you plan to carry a weapon, you must conform to the following: No illegal or loaded weapons. No whips may be used onstage. You must demonstrate that you can carry the weapon without injury to yourself or others. Transportation of weapons to and from the Masquerade must follow the convention’s weapon policy. Props must be inspected and peace bonded by security staff.
- Props and costumes must be carried on and off the stage by the contestant. If your props require more people to move them, you will have to provide the manpower. When you register for the contest, you must tell us you need helpers. If a contestant cannot get on the stage due to size or weight of the costume, even with assistance, then they will be disqualified.
- A staff photographer will be on deck to document your cosplay for the CEOtaku website. By entering this contest, your agree that your likeness and image may be documented in photo and video by CEOtaku staff and used in future CEOtaku site design.
Indra Rojas is an artist and cosplayer who, for many years, has worked behind-the-scenes in the cosplay community. Indra was featured on Syfy’s television series “Heroes Of Cosplay”, and was the first U.S representative in China’s International Cartoon and Animation Festival (CICAF). She also coordinated and managed international competitions for the USA circuit. More recently, she began working with Cosplay Fabrics to bring targeted fabrics to fans across the globe.
Her professional work includes costuming and makeup artistry for theme parks, theater production, video game companies, and working independently for her own costuming and art business. Indra has been able to travel the world and share her passion for geek culture, as well as push to be a positive and inspirational force in the community.
Jill Valentine. Nathan Drake. Cortana. Gozer. Jotaro. Goku. Lord Beerus. There’s a long list of wonderful characters that Ann Marie (MsValentine) has poured her heart and soul into over the past 16+ years, and has brought to life through her award-winning cosplay. Winning awards as such as “Most Cutting Edge”, “Best Individual”, “Best Craftsmanship”, and “Best Journeyman”, she tirelessly pursues excellence and strives to push herself, and those around her, beyond limits with each creation. When Ann isn’t bringing another character to life, you might find her supporting her favorite esports players and streamers, devouring and analyzing anime, or spending time with her pets, Drake and Inari. But more often than not, you’ll discover her radiating joy through various communities via her stickers, positivity, and willingness to share experiences.
Hello! Daniel is my name and I’ve been a cosplayer since 2013. During this time I have performed at conventions across Central Florida in skits, dance numbers, interactive panels, and as a combat stunt actor. Basically, I fight for your entertainment….in cosplay. What I treasure most about being in this community is creating memories with others that will stick with us for a lifetime. My goals are to continuously push myself as a costumer and performer because no matter how much you know, there’s always more to learn.
$250 Gift Card for Arda Wigs
One (1) each of the Japan Candy and Kawaii box
$150 Gift Card for Arda Wigs
One (1) Kawaii Box
$100 Gift Card for Arda Wigs
One (1) Japan Candy Box
CEO GAMING Inc.