Everything you need to know about CEO 2022 at the Ocean Center in Daytona Beach!
Welcome back everyone!
To begin, the entire team and I would like to thank you for supporting CEO and coming together as a community for this years CEO.
Whether this is your first CEO event or you’re a tournament veteran, I’d like to guide you through the information you need to maximize your experience this weekend.
- Ocean Center Daytona Beach
101 N Atlantic Ave,
Daytona Beach, FL 32118
- Ocean Center Daytona Beach
- If you are staying at the Official CEO Hotel, the Hilton, it is directly across the street from the Ocean Center :).
- Parking at the Ocean Center lot or garage is $10 per day or $20 for in/out privilege’s. The Hilton has $12 discounted parking for overnight guests.
- More information about the venue & hotel can be found here.
- We have a Shuttle service from MCO (Orlando International Airport) that will take attendees arriving Thursday to the Hilton Hotel and departing back to MCO from the Hilton on Monday Morning. Visit here.
- There will be bag checks at the entrances into the Ocean Center. No outside food or drinks allowed (you may bring in a water/soda bottle). Plenty of Water fountains and bathrooms all over the venue.
- The venue will have concessions available including Jebailey’s Fried Chicken, JePotle Burrito Bowls with plant based options, JBBQ Brisket Sandwiches and many more options! Wild Bill’s Soda will also be returning with their refillable cups.
- Here are some suggested restaurants around the venue within 3 miles.
- This year in the Ocean Center, all badges will be picked up in the main concourse Box Office. We will have two organized lines
- Standard badges for registered players and spectators.
- Contributor Badges (If you pre-ordered the $10 option to have your name on badge), volunteers, media, and exhibitors.
- While Player Reg for official tournaments are closed, we will have on site spectator badges for $30 Single Day Badge & $75 for the weekend ($50 if you buy come Saturday and want two days) with proof of vaccination or negative COVID test within 72 hours of the event start date. You can still purchase the discounted rate on start.gg/ceo until Wednesday at 9 pm edt.
- All attendees will be required to show per our Event Policies:
- Photo ID
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccinated status OR negative covid test is required to obtain your badge. Attendees have many options to present as proof such as
- Physical vaccination card
- Photocopy of vaccination card
- Digital photo of vaccination card
- Negative covid test (PCR or Rapid Antigen tests are acceptable) taken within 72 hours of the event start date may be used in place of vaccination proof.
- Badge pickup schedule (You may pick up your badge anytime over the weekend if you can’t make early badge pickup on Thursday)
- Thursday 3pm-9pm
- Friday 9am-9pm
- Saturday 9am-9pm
- Sunday 9am-6pm
- Please plan to pick up your badge at least one hour before your first scheduled pool time to avoid disqualification from bracket.
- Lost badges will not be replaced and a new badge must be purchased.
- Join the CEO Discord Server for this and future events at https://discord.gg/ceogaming
- Receive live updates during the event
- Lose something? Check out the lost and found channel
- Have questions? Hit up the #asktheceostaff channel.
When and where is my tournament pool?
- The event schedule and floorplan is available above.
- Preliminary pool assignments are available at https://start.gg/ceo
- If you need to submit feedback, please do so via this form. before 11:50 pm EST Tuesday Night on 6/21.
- Pool assignments are subject to change, so please check before attending the event.
- Pools will be finalized and locked in by Wednesday evening so please re visit Wednesday evening to know when you are playing.
- Please plan to show up to your pool 10 minutes early and check-in with the person running your bracket at your pool location.
- To find exactly where your pool station is, every game will have Station Numbers, so if you are in Guilty Gear -Strive- A1, you’ll look for Station Sign 1 inside of Tournament Hall(Venue Map has where each official game will be located) and report there for your bracket 10 minutes before its start time.
- Please try to stay near your pool until you are done competing.
- If you need to step away for any reason, please inform the person running your bracket.
- If you are disqualified for not showing up to your bracket or leaving during, there won’t be anything we can do afterwards.
NEW THIS YEAR – Table Top Gaming Rooms
- This year we’ve added Table Top and Card Gaming Rooms at the Ocean Center
- Room 102 features 4,000 sq ft of TCG Demos provided by Pocket Paragons as well as Vendors Cool Stuff Inc & Sunshine Games. This room will be open Friday-Sunday from 10 am until 8pm.
- Pocket Paragons is providing free sets of Pocket Paragons to the first 2,000 attendees to pick up their badges. It’s an easy to pick up 2 player card game. For more info visit Pocket Paragons landing page.
- Stop by their booth for a chance to win an exclusive CEO Play Mat and other giveaways.
- Also next door in 101 we’ll have a 24 hour open table top room with tables and chairs ready for players to bring in anything they want to play with their friends.
Exhibitors and Artist Alley
- Our official Artist Alley & Exhibitor hours inside of the main Hall are Friday 12pm-8 pm, Saturday & Sunday 10am-6pm.
- We have over 30 featured artists this year, so be sure to check out their artwork and show your support.
- Our Wonderful Sponsors and Exhibitor booths helping make CEO 2022 happen! We’ve broken down every booth at CEO at the bottom of this page with a venue map guide.
24 Hr Jebaileyland and Community Events
- We will have arcade cabinets available for free play and side events going on in Jebaileyland which will be open 24 hours a day starting Friday morning at 10 am until Sunday night at 8 pm.
- This year we’ll have a selection of fighting game cabinets, rhythm games & more provided by Wedoca Games, Paradise Arcade Shop, Texas Shot Takers and Arcade Monsters!
- PLUP SHOWDOWN is coming to CEO Friday June 24th as some of the best Melee players descend to Daytona Beach to compete in Plup’s one-of-a-kind matchup series for bragging right and prizes. Players include Plup, Hungrybox, Leffen, Mew2King, Magi, KJH, Axe, iBDW, Riddles and ESAM. The event will take place at 8pm in Jebaileyland.
What’s on the Line and Top 8 Entrances
- This year we have 18 official tournaments taking place throughout the weekend with all 18 Official Game Champions taking home a Custom CEO Championship Belt!
- All Top 8 Finalists will receive a Customized Gold Championship Medals and Prize Money.
General Event Rules
- All attendees will be required to wear facemasks while inside any of our ballroom spaces.
- Bring your own controllers, tournament legal converters, fight stick, or any peripheral needed to play your tournament matches.
- Make sure to delete previous bluetooth devices on the PS4 PRO console you play your tournament matches on so you don’t get interrupted during your match.
- For Smash, please make sure to desync your pro controllers after your match.
- Please be respectful of other attendees and follow directions given by the CEO and hotel staff.
- NO OUTSIDE FOOD or ALCOHOL is allowed in the Ocean Center. Drinks such as water and soda are fine, just please keep them away from the consoles.
- There is NO SMOKING and NO VAPING inside of the venue.
- We have hired a full security team for the safety and comfort of our attendees. Please don’t hesitate to report anything suspicious to the hotel and CEO staff.
- It may not be the summer, but still do be hygienic for the comfort of everyone. If you sweat through all of your clothes, feel free to buy more CEO t-shirts at the Gaming Gen merch booth to get you through the weekend!
Official CEO 2022 Merchandise
Will be on sale at the Gaming Generations Booth and ONLINE this weekend!
We’ll also have an assortment of other products like QANBA Fight Sticks and Astro CEO Tags for sale.
Breaking down the Venue Map! If this is your first time at our Daytona venue or you attended in either 2018 or 2019 we wanted to break down everything CEO 2022 has to offer this year.
- Command Center & Admin: Here’s where all the magic of brackets and running the tournaments in the main hall happen.
- Artist Alley: Featuring 30 plus community artists and vendors.
- Panda Cup: Stop by the Panda merch booth and visit the team bringing you the first stop on the officially licensed Smash Circuit.
- GCX: One of the largest Gaming Community Expo’s in Florida is here to show the FGC what they’re about. Stop by and say hi to the team.
- Junkfood Arcade Mods: Parts, controller mods and accessories for sale.
- UnderworldGamesz: One of our featured artists selling all things art from all fighting game and pop culture genres.
- Controller Chaos: Home to some of the best custom designed controllers, consoles and more! Stop by their booth for some of their exclusive CEO designs this year before they go fast!
- Lazy Nerds Designs: Small team of artists who design, craft and print their own products for sale at CEO.
- Paradise Arcade Shop: Makers of the thin MPress, Magenta and more! Another amazing vendor with sticks, parts and mods available at their booth.
- Astro: One of CEO’s and the FGC’s biggest supporters every year. They’re back providing mix amps to every tournament station and free headset rentals to players that want to hear everything in their matches!
- Grilla: An upcoming esports tournament platform with casuals, giveaways, and more at their booth.
- Gaming Gen booth featuring our official CEO merch for sale as well as ten/o officially licensed Tekken, Guilty Gear apparel and more.
- Rushdown Revolt is the next stage in Fighting Games. Move faster and strike more swiftly than you ever have before with the power of our signature Spark mechanic. Available for free on Steam. Give it a try at their booth.
- Victrix is back with their laser etching machine for your Pro FS sticks selling apparel and other merch at their booth.
- Hit Box will be selling Hit Boxes at their booth so be sure to drop by and pick one up.
- The Dave School helps gamers earn degrees in Game Production, VFX, Virtual Production or Digital Graphic Design! Stop by their booth and say hi if you want to learn more!
- Red Bull Lan Cruiser is back with a beast of a gaming rig on wheels. Stop by and play in some pop up events throughout the weekend.
- Registration Box Office to pick up your badges throughout the weekend or purchase on site spectator passes. We’ll also place all lost and found items here.
- Bag Checks for all those arriving to the Ocean Center. Single bottle drinks are welcome but no outside food or drinks.
- Smash Friendlies 24 Hour Room brought to you by Panda Cup so you can unwind and get some friendlies in when you’re not competing in tournaments.
- Table Top and Vendor Room to check out some of the latest fighting game related TCGs.
- Open Table Top room that’ll be 24 hours to sit down and play board or card games all weekend with your friends.
- Jebaileyland 24 Hour Arcade is featuring over 60 various arcade cabinets all set to free play!
- BYOC and Community Events with on site signups until their scheduled start times.
- Red Bull Community Stage will be featuring all of our side event finals throughout the weekend. Schedule here and streamed on twitch.tv/tenomedia
- Where 7 different Fighting Game Top 8s on Saturday/Sunday will take place in our massive open seating arena right across from the main hall. No additional purchase necessary to check out some of our best players duke it out to take home a CEO championship belt.
The entire CEO team and I look forward to providing an awesome experience for everyone. Feel free to share your weekend’s memories and pictures using the hashtag #CEO2022 throughout social media!
CEO has always stood for the community and we wouldn’t be here without your support, so thanks to each and everyone of you.
If you have any other questions about the event, please email email@example.com