Welcome to the CEO Gaming Rules and Policies Page.
By Attending CEO Gaming Events you are agreeing to have read all of our policies below. If you have any additional questions feel free to email email@example.com.
Last Updated 10/1/2021
Important #CEO2021 COVID Policy Update. Proof of Vaccination OR Negative COVID Test Required to attend.
CEO2021 UPDATED COVID POLICY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION and FAQ
In order to provide a safer environment for our community during the COVID-19 pandemic, CEO GAMING Inc. is implementing the following health & safety policies at CEO2021 As part of the process for collecting your badge, you will need to confirm that you understand and agree to abide by these policies on-site, including our vaccination & masking policies.
Most popular questions asked:
Where can I get the vaccine?
Please visit https://www.vaccines.gov/ to find a location near you. As more and more venues, travel and events require vaccinations, if you are physically able, we highly recommend getting vaccinated.
How can I show Proof of Vaccination?
Either your original card, printed copy or on your phone. Many states provide ways or apps that are out there that will save your vaccination information. Any attempts to falsify information will result in a lifetime ban from CEO events. Please don’t do this.
I thought it was illegal to require vaccinations in the state of Florida and businesses will be fined?
There’s always fine print that most people don’t read, just headlines. CEO 2021 is a private event where guests are voluntarily invited to attend and not a provided service. Our venue allows us to decide what is required for attending within our venue space.
Jebailey’s Note: Even if there was a fine by our state’s governor, I’d gladly pay it if it means I can host a safer event for the community.
We respect everyone’s personal beliefs which is also why we’re allowing attendees to prove they have recently tested Negative for COVID-19 to attend
What are the chances of CEO 2021 being cancelled?
Unless there is a statewide lockdown or CDC guidelines preventing events from happening, CEO 2021 is 100% a go! While we continue to have one of the best refund policies, we still have over 3300 excited registered attendees refilling open spots everyday! Thank you for your continued support which drives us to put on this event in the safest way possible.
Why weren’t these requirements announced sooner?
When CEO 2021 registration went live in June and sold out in less than 20 hours, everything was looking great with vaccinations widely available. Things change everyday but with over 2 months until event time, we feel it still gives everyone time to prepare for the event.
Can children 12 and under still attend?
Generally children 12 and under are free with a paying adult to attend CEO events as spectators. It is up to the parent’s discretion but still requires the parents to show proof of vaccination before collecting your badge.
Any other precautions CEO will be taking?
The Wyndham has a max capacity of 6,000 across the entire venue. We are limiting that to at most 4,000 total attendees and will not be opening addtional tickets after that.
While we hope everyone respects all rules laid out for the event, we’ll be welcoming everyone with a welcome kit including a face mask, hand sanitizer and more. We’ll also have a large amount of additional masks available for the event if you happen to lose yours.
It is hard to police everyone that may feel sick so we really need everyone’s cooperation in a comfortable event. If you’re feeling sick shortly before the event, please stay home. We’ll be happy to offer a reduced refund in cases like this.
Please listen to CEO Gaming Inc staff. We expect all attendees to cooperate fully with our staff, hotel staff, and any local security or law enforcement personnel. If you feel compelled to give us sass about your mask or requirements to attend, you should be aware that the consequences may include revocation of your badge without refund, removal from the venue, and/or an attendance ban from future CEO events.
If you have any additional questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to answer plus add to our faq as this will continually be updated leading up until CEO 2021.
ADDITIONAL RESOURCES & BACKGROUND
PLEASE READ ALL ADDITIONAL POLICIES BELOW BY CLICKING TO EXPAND
CEO 2021 Refund Policy
- We are no longer accepting refund requests for CEO 2021 as player registration is closed and our team is working very hard to create brackets.
- CEO Gaming has a very customer friendly refund policy due to current events. We will continue to honor refund requests by emailing email@example.com with the subject CEO Refund Request + your smash.gg registration name and info.
- CEO 2021 will offer refunds including the 5% processing fee as long as they are requested before October 1st.
- After October 1st until October 15th you will receive a refund minus the 5% processing fee as CEO Gaming Inc. takes a financial hit with every refund.
- Starting October 16th until November 14th you may still request a refund minus $20 (including processing fee) to cover event materials that are ordered at this time.
- Refunds will no longer be given after November 14th when player registration closes.
- In the case of any event cancellations refunds will also be given. As of 11/15/2021 CEO 2021 will take place. Our team highly recommends vaccinating yourself to best protect you from Covid-19. We will also be requiring facemasks while inside our venue space.
- We process refunds once a week on Friday’s to give interested attendees a fair chance to register once competitor badges open up per game.
- You can follow the #CEOWaitingList channel on discord.gg/ceogaming for your chance to register every Friday afternoon. Refund Policy last updated on 10/1/2021
Covid 19 Waiver and Liability
We will continue to follow all guidelines leading up to CEO before and during event. As of the latest state wide updates we may require masks while inside any of our venue halls.
We have taken enhanced health and safety measures- for attendees and staff. You must follow all posted instructions while attending CEO 2021.
Any inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to sever illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable.
By attending CEO 2021, you voluntarily assume all risks related to potential exposure to COVID-19. We highly recommend attendees get vaccinated if able.
CEO Gaming Inc will follow CDC Guidelines as recommended here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/large-events/considerations-for-events-gatherings.html
Equality, Diversity, and Inclusivity Policy
CEO Gaming Inc is committed to fostering an environment that is inclusive to all participants regardless of factors including but not limited to age, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, and/or disability.
Diversity, equality, equity, and inclusivity are important to us. They strengthen and enrich us, our players, staff, and the FGC & CEO Gaming communities. We want CEO events to be a place for players and fans of all backgrounds. We aim to treat everyone in our programs fairly and to recognize and respond to their individual needs, while striving to provide a fun and fair environment for all participants.
Building a truly diverse and inclusive program is a long-term and ongoing process to which we are fully committed. We recognize that this is a core area for the program and one which we must continuously monitor and strive to improve.
Our aim is to build a culture and community that actively promote learning, openness, fairness, diversity, equality, equity, inclusivity, and general good sporting behavior.
CEO Gaming Inc., its agents, sanctioned persons, and entities will consider all people on merit and will not take part in or tolerate discrimination, victimization, or harassment on the grounds of:
• Gender identity or reassignment
• Marital or civil partnership status
• Pregnancy or maternity
• Race, color, nationality, or ethnic or national origin
• Religion, belief, or lack thereof
• Sexual orientation
• Socioeconomic status
• Citizenship status
• Political affiliation
Who is covered by the policy?
The policy covers all individuals on the CEO Gaming Inc. staff, and all players, organizers and attendees.
Responsibilities under the policy:
All event organizers and staff are expected to adhere to and ensure that this policy is in effect at events at which they officiate.
All players, staff, parents, and attendees are responsible for their personal behavior in relation to all aspects of this policy.
All event organizers and staff must be made aware of the contents of this policy and are expected to support and promote it.
CEO Attendee Agreement
- Registering for, participating in, or attending CEO Gaming events constitutes the voluntary consent of the participant or attendee to: (a) be photographed, filmed or videotaped by CEO Gaming representatives and (b) the reproduction and use of all such photographs, digital images, films, and likenesses for publicity purposes in publications, advertisements, promotional and marketing materials, and all other media including the World Wide Web, without further notice or compensation to registrant, participant, or attendee. All proprietary rights and copyrights in all such photographs, digital images, films and likenesses (including negatives, positives, and prints) shall be and remain property of CEO Gaming.
- CEO Gaming Inc. has a zero tolerance policy toward violence, threats of violence, intimidation, inappropriate contact, harassment (sexual or otherwise), and other forms of personal misconduct. Any incident or threat of violence, harassment, aggressive intimidation, or inappropriate contact of any kind will result in a minimum 1-year to lifetime attendance ban.
- Players agree to be bound by the decisions of CEO Gaming Inc. and anyone acting on its behalf, which shall be final and binding in all respects. CEO Gaming Inc. reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify or remove any individual it finds to be tampering with the type, process, or operation of the event, or to be acting in violation of event rules or CEO’s code of conduct.
- Competitors are not required to use headsets on stage, but if they choose to use a headset on stage they will be required to use CEO, or it’s partners, provided audio solution to maintain a fair and balanced competitive playing field across all matches.
By registering, I acknowledge that I have read, understand, and agree to the Event Rules posted here for CEO events.
Code of Conduct
- We expect all guest to behave in an adult manner and do not allow the verbal or physical display of pornography, gang symbols, discrimination against any group, or anything that may be deemed inappropriate by CEO Gaming Inc. staff.
- CEO Gaming Inc. has a zero-tolerance policy toward violence, threats of violence, intimidation, inappropriate contact, harassment (sexual or otherwise), and other forms of personal misconduct. Any incident or threat of violence, harassment, aggressive intimidation, or inappropriate contact of any kind will result in a minimum 1-year to lifetime attendance ban.
- Cheering and jeering from the crowd is perfectly fine, as is a healthy level of trash talking and playful banter. However, if you cross the line into malicious, threatening, or discriminatory hate you will be thrown out of the venue. Do not try to intentionally make other attendees uncomfortable. Control yourself and treat others with respect.
- In addition to the CEO Gaming Inc. Code of Conduct, guests are required to comply with all local, state and federal laws, as well as event rules and instructions posted or otherwise listed. If it’s illegal outside, it’s illegal at CEO.
- By entering the event premises, you agree to assume liability and responsibility for any and all injury and damage incurred or caused by you at this event, including but not limited to any injuries that may result from any arcade machine or video game console, monitor, joystick, or any other object, as well as crowding, excitement, or the actions of other individuals.
- All tournament participants shall protect, defend, indemnify and hold harmless CEO Gaming Inc., its affiliated corporations, and their respective officers, directors, shareholders, agents, representatives and employees from and against any and all costs and expenses, damages, claims, suits, actions, liabilities, losses and judgments including, without limitation, attorneys’ fees and legal expenses, based on, arising out of or in any way related or connected with the Event or any other matter or activity directly or indirectly related to the Event, including but not limited to libel, slander, disparagement, defamation, copyright infringement, invasion of privacy, piracy, plagiarism, or infringement of any patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property right of any third party. This obligation shall continue beyond the term of the Event.
Photography and Videography Release
- Registering for, participating in, or attending CEO Gaming Inc. events constitutes the voluntary consent of the participant or attendee to: (a) be photographed, filmed or videotaped by CEO Gaming Inc representatives and (b) the reproduction and use of all such photographs, digital images, films, and likenesses for publicity purposes in publications, advertisements, promotional and marketing materials, and all other media including the World Wide Web, without further notice or compensation to registrant, participant, or attendee. All proprietary rights and copyrights in all such photographs, digital images, films and likenesses (including negatives, positives, and prints) shall be and remain the property of CEO Gaming Inc.
- You agree that you have knowledge of and consent to being photographed, filmed, and otherwise recorded. This recording may occur with or without your direct and simultaneous awareness.
- You irrevocably and wholly grant to CEO Gaming Inc. the exclusive use of your name, voice, picture, and likeness as recorded on these premises in conjunction with this event. You also irrevocably and wholly grant to CEO Gaming Inc. the exclusive use of any statements and actions made by you as recorded on these premises in conjunction with this event. This grant of rights shall be effective throughout the world and in perpetuity.
- CEO Gaming Inc. may use any footage it obtains at this event for any purpose, including but not limited to live and recorded transmission, advertising, promotion, sale, and transfer, in all media now known or hereafter devised throughout the universe and in perpetuity.
- CEO Gaming Inc. prohibits the possession or use of firearms, knives, fireworks, explosives, ammunition, chemical weapons, or any other weapons not listed during the entire event, including all event spaces.
- CEO Gaming Inc. prohibits the possession or use of any illegal drug or narcotic during the entire event, including all event spaces and hotel spaces.
- CEO Gaming Inc. is a non-smoking event. Smoking or Vaping are not allowed inside any event or hotel space. Smoking areas are available outside of the hotel and event space and will require a badge and bag check upon reentry.
- CEO Gaming Inc. & Venue Staff/Security will remain vigilant during all events. If you see anything suspicious please fine any CEO Gaming Inc or Venue Rep for help.
- We simply ask that you follow the guidelines below and please keep in mind that CEO 2021 is an all-ages event.
- Fighting Game related cosplays are highly recommended and welcome.
- Shoes are required at all times for your own safety.
- Costumes and clothing should not expose the body in such a way as to be deemed indecent exposure by the city of Daytona Beach and Ocean Center staff. Private parts must be covered in an opaque material that will not slip or have gaps.
- Costumes worn on the convention floor must not obstruct or impede the flow of traffic or entryways. If the costume cannot fit through a standard doorway, it may not be allowed during general convention hours. Exceptions may be made day-of for Masquerade contestants.
- Attendees with bulky costumes, costumes that obscure the vision, or costumes with large extensions such as wings or spikes, should have a designated “handler,” to assist them through the hallways and crowds.
- Functioning wheels cannot be used as part of a costume or prop (i.e. anything that you might ride, push, or pull). We love your creativity, but please save the wheeled costumes/props for your photo shoots.
- No costumes may be realistic depictions of American law enforcement, current American military uniforms, first responders, emergency medical personnel, or any official government agent. “Vintage,” historical, any non-current uniforms, and any military or police-style costumes may be addressed at the convention’s discretion (i.e., Resident Evil, Metal Gear Solid, etc.)
- No weapons of any kind are allowed without CEO Gaming Inc. Staff Approval in advance such as rubber weapons or props. Guns or sharp weapons of any kind are NOT allowed for the safety of all attendees.
- By registering for a CEO Gaming Event, you are aware that you are responsible for planning accordingly to compete at your scheduled times.
- You are responsible for checking into your pool before the official start time. If you are called for your match and are not present, you may be put into the losers bracket or disqualified at the judge’s discretion.
- If you are entered into multiple tournaments and are required to play in two or more at the same time, whether it be in pools or top 8, please notify the judges running those brackets to avoid any DQs.