Welcome to the CEO Gaming Rules and Policies Page.
Please read everything below for a better understanding of how CEO runs. If you have any additional questions feel free to email email@example.com.
Last Updated 12/21/2019
- Registering for, participating in, or attending CEO Gaming events constitutes the voluntary consent of the participant or attendee to: (a) be photographed, filmed or videotaped by CEO Gaming representatives and (b) the reproduction and use of all such photographs, digital images, films, and likenesses for publicity purposes in publications, advertisements, promotional and marketing materials, and all other media including the World Wide Web, without further notice or compensation to registrant, participant, or attendee. All proprietary rights and copyrights in all such photographs, digital images, films and likenesses (including negatives, positives, and prints) shall be and remain property of CEO Gaming.
- CEO Gaming Inc. has a zero tolerance policy toward violence, threats of violence, intimidation, inappropriate contact, harassment (sexual or otherwise), and other forms of personal misconduct. Any incident or threat of violence, harassment, aggressive intimidation, or inappropriate contact of any kind will result in a minimum 1-year to lifetime attendance ban.
- Players agree to be bound by the decisions of CEO Gaming Inc. and anyone acting on its behalf, which shall be final and binding in all respects. CEO Gaming Inc. reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify or remove any individual it finds to be tampering with the type, process, or operation of the event, or to be acting in violation of event rules or CEO’s code of conduct.
- Competitors are not required to use headsets on stage, but if they choose to use a headset on stage they will be required to use CEO, or it’s partners, provided audio solution to maintain a fair and balanced competitive playing field across all matches.
By registering, I acknowledge that I have read, understand, and agree to the Event Rules posted here for CEO events.
- We expect all guest to behave in an adult manner and do not allow the verbal or physical display of pornography, gang symbols, discrimination against any group, or anything that may be deemed inappropriate by CEO Gaming Inc. staff.
- CEO Gaming Inc. has a zero-tolerance policy toward violence, threats of violence, intimidation, inappropriate contact, harassment (sexual or otherwise), and other forms of personal misconduct. Any incident or threat of violence, harassment, aggressive intimidation, or inappropriate contact of any kind will result in a minimum 1-year to lifetime attendance ban.
- Cheering and jeering from the crowd is perfectly fine, as is a healthy level of trash talking and playful banter. However, if you cross the line into malicious, threatening, or discriminatory hate you will be thrown out of the venue. Do not try to intentionally make other attendees uncomfortable. Control yourself and treat others with respect.
- In addition to the CEO Gaming Inc. Code of Conduct, guests are required to comply with all local, state and federal laws, as well as event rules and instructions posted or otherwise listed.
General Tournament Rules
- All Games will be played on default settings, unless otherwise noted below
- All Tournament Matches are 2/3 Games unless otherwise noted under a game’s particular rulesets. Winners, Losers and Grand Finals for All games are 3/5!
- All Games are run in Double Elimination style, Larger turnouts will be split up into Pool Play with Double Elimination Rules until a Semifinals such as top 32/16 are whittled down to Top 8 For Finals
- All Macros available via the in-game controller configuration menu are allowed, Example- Tekken Mapping LP+RP to R1
- Accidentally pausing the game at any time during a match may force you to forfeit the round (Solely at judge’s discretion if there is a player dispute).
- If you choose Random Select to pick a character and win the match, you must Random Select your character again
- You MUST provide your own controller for the events when competing.You must bring your own converters, Cronus and Chronus Max Wireless converters are BANNED.
- Brook Converters are legal and allowed. We have tested them ourselves without any issues. For more information on Brook Converters please visit Arcade Shock here http://arcadeshock.com/products/brook-converter-various-configurations
- If you use a PS4 Dualshock or wireless controller of any kind, be sure to disconnect or desync it after every match. Before beginning a match, make sure to delete all bluetooth devices from said console, failure to do so will be grounds for DQ if another match is interrupted.
- If you are entered into multiple tournaments that possibly happen at the same time, please notify your pool judges to avoid any DQs
- Coaching is allowed with One 30 second coaching break in a set before games. Coaches must be named before their matches. Coaches are not allowed on stage next to their players during a match. (Subject to change)
- If you have any issues with the tournament itself or tournament play please find the Tournament Director Alex Jebailey during the event
- Collusion of any kind with your competitors is considered cheating. If the Tournament Director determines that any competitor is colluding to manipulate the results or intentionally underperforming, the collaborating players may be immediately disqualified. This determination is to be made at the sole discretion of the Tournament Director. Anyone disqualified in this manner forfeits all rights to any titles or prizes they might have otherwise earned for that tournament.
- Above all else please have fun!
- By entering the event premises, you agree to assume liability and responsibility for any and all injury and damage incurred or caused by you at this event, including but not limited to any injuries that may result from any arcade machine or video game console, monitor, joystick, or any other object, as well as crowding, excitement, or the actions of other individuals.
- All tournament participants shall protect, defend, indemnify and hold harmless CEO Gaming Inc., its affiliated corporations, and their respective officers, directors, shareholders, agents, representatives and employees from and against any and all costs and expenses, damages, claims, suits, actions, liabilities, losses and judgments including, without limitation, attorneys’ fees and legal expenses, based on, arising out of or in any way related or connected with the Event or any other matter or activity directly or indirectly related to the Event, including but not limited to libel, slander, disparagement, defamation, copyright infringement, invasion of privacy, piracy, plagiarism, or infringement of any patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property right of any third party. This obligation shall continue beyond the term of the Event.
- Registering for, participating in, or attending CEO Gaming Inc. events constitutes the voluntary consent of the participant or attendee to: (a) be photographed, filmed or videotaped by CEO Gaming Inc representatives and (b) the reproduction and use of all such photographs, digital images, films, and likenesses for publicity purposes in publications, advertisements, promotional and marketing materials, and all other media including the World Wide Web, without further notice or compensation to registrant, participant, or attendee. All proprietary rights and copyrights in all such photographs, digital images, films and likenesses (including negatives, positives, and prints) shall be and remain the property of CEO Gaming Inc.
- You agree that you have knowledge of and consent to being photographed, filmed, and otherwise recorded. This recording may occur with or without your direct and simultaneous awareness.
- You irrevocably and wholly grant to CEO Gaming Inc. the exclusive use of your name, voice, picture, and likeness as recorded on these premises in conjunction with this event. You also irrevocably and wholly grant to CEO Gaming Inc. the exclusive use of any statements and actions made by you as recorded on these premises in conjunction with this event. This grant of rights shall be effective throughout the world and in perpetuity.
- CEO Gaming Inc. may use any footage it obtains at this event for any purpose, including but not limited to live and recorded transmission, advertising, promotion, sale, and transfer, in all media now known or hereafter devised throughout the universe and in perpetuity.
- CEO Gaming Inc. prohibits the possession or use of firearms, knives, fireworks, explosives, ammunition, chemical weapons, or any other weapons not listed during the entire event, including all event spaces.
- CEO Gaming Inc. prohibits the possession or use of any illegal drug or narcotic during the entire event, including all event spaces and hotel spaces.
- CEO Gaming Inc. is a non-smoking event. Smoking or Vaping are not allowed inside any event or hotel space. Smoking areas are available outside of the hotel and event space and will require a badge and bag check upon reentry.
- CEO Gaming Inc. & Venue Staff/Security will remain vigilant during all events. If you see anything suspicious please fine any CEO Gaming Inc or Venue Rep for help.
We simply ask that you follow the guidelines below and please keep in mind that CEO 2019 is an all-ages event.
- Fighting Game related cosplays are highly recommended and welcome.
- Shoes are required at all times for your own safety.
- Costumes and clothing should not expose the body in such a way as to be deemed indecent exposure by the city of Daytona Beach and Ocean Center staff. Private parts must be covered in an opaque material that will not slip or have gaps.
- Costumes worn on the convention floor must not obstruct or impede the flow of traffic or entryways. If the costume cannot fit through a standard doorway, it may not be allowed during general convention hours. Exceptions may be made day-of for Masquerade contestants.
- Attendees with bulky costumes, costumes that obscure the vision, or costumes with large extensions such as wings or spikes, should have a designated “handler,” to assist them through the hallways and crowds.
- Functioning wheels cannot be used as part of a costume or prop (i.e. anything that you might ride, push, or pull). We love your creativity, but please save the wheeled costumes/props for your photo shoots.
- No costumes may be realistic depictions of American law enforcement, current American military uniforms, first responders, emergency medical personnel, or any official government agent. “Vintage,” historical, any non-current uniforms, and any military or police-style costumes may be addressed at the convention’s discretion (i.e., Resident Evil, Metal Gear Solid, etc.)
- No weapons of any kind are allowed without CEO Gaming Inc. Staff Approval in advance such as rubber weapons or props. Guns or sharp weapons of any kind are NOT allowed for the safety of all attendees.
- By registering for a CEO Gaming Event, you are aware that you are responsible for planning accordingly to compete at your scheduled times.
- You are responsible for checking into your pool before the official start time. If you are called for your match and are not present, you may be put into the losers bracket or disqualified at the judge’s discretion.
- If you are entered into multiple tournaments and are required to play in two or more at the same time, whether it be in pools or top 8, please notify the judges running those brackets to avoid any DQs.
- CEO is happy to offer refunds as long as they are requested before each respective event’s refund deadlines as listed below.
- CEO Dreamland
- You may request a refund up until May 31st at 11:59pm. After June 1st, no refunds will be given but you may request to transfer your badge/registration to someone else before June 18th when online registration closes.